Do you experience shame, guilt, and anxiety with your imperfections?
Your imperfections are part of your being and make you more interesting, special, and unique. It’s time to accept rather than resist them. You can’t achieve optimal health and wellness if you’re battling yourself about who you are.
As learned through Soul Expansion, loving yourself, including your imperfections, doesn’t mean that you don’t have self-improvement goals. You can always strive to strengthen your good qualities and develop skills and characteristics to expand while loving yourself.
Try these techniques to learn to love the imperfections that help make you who you are:
1. First, accept the imperfections. The key to having a fulfilling and happy life is accepting yourself. Once you acknowledge that your imperfections are a unique part of you, you can move on to loving yourself with the inherit grace that will serve to help you move beyond them.
Remind yourself that everyone makes mistakes or experiences being inadequate at some point in their lives. Avoid dwelling on these facets of your life. Correct them as best as you can and move on towards your higher intentions.
2. Let go of the comparisons. If you spend time comparing yourself to others, it’s time to stop. Your journey is unique. You’re not on the same path as others. You may grow and change quite differently, and that’s a good thing!
Instead of comparing yourself to someone else, focus on yourself. Notice how you’ve grown, celebrate your accomplishments, and look forward to a bright future with your own journey.
3. Remember you’re not broken. It’s tempting to view setbacks as permanent, but you can overcome them. Challenges are a part of everyone’s life, so there isn’t something inherently wrong with you because you have obstacles.
Focus on a solution and taking action on your new approach to each issue.
4. Pay attention to what you say to yourself. There is a direct link between self-talk and your health and mental wellness.
Notice if you use negative self-talk that is humiliating or demoralizing. Does your inner dialogue seem to encourage a sense of inferiority, shame, or guilt? You don’t want your thoughts to create more pain and suffering!
Learn to forgive yourself and be gentler. You can change the words of your inner dialogue to statements of love and support. Each time you say something negative, immediately shift it to something positive instead.
5. Remember that your days will vary. You may have days when you feel joyful and amazing - on top of the world! You will also have days when you feel sad and experience defeat or being deflated. This rollercoaster of life is normal.
The key is to avoid letting the difficult days affect you long-term. Turn your focus to positive self-talk, solutions, and taking action.
6, Eliminate the unhealthy relationships. Unhealthy relationships can make it harder for you to love and accept your imperfections. Assert and align, reduce, or conclude your contact with those who consistently seem to communicate using insult, shame, or guilt. These are usually techniques to manipulate. An occasional and constructive critique from a loved one or friend is valuable. However, constant criticism tends to wear us down.
Evaluate your relationships and focus on the ones that are healthier for you.
Celebrate your imperfections! They make you the unique person you are. Use these tips to learn to love yourself inside and out. As a result, you’ll boost your self-confidence, increase your charisma, and gain greater peace as you pursue a life you’ll value and enjoy!
You are cordially invited to the rest of your life! Take the next step towards Soul Expansion with the gift of a Complimentary Session or call 818.851.7880.
Learn how this innovative practice bypasses common bottlenecks faster than traditional therapy to celebrate your purpose with clarity, awareness, and personal strength!