Your experiences are shaped by your beliefs (and as you may have learned through Soul Expansion, every belief contains a lie). Even obstacles have a value when you can see it. You can develop commitments that will help you to be happier and achieve more, regardless of the situation.
Consider these empowering intentions that you can start using today.
Empowering Beliefs to Help You Quickly Shift
1. I UNDERSTAND MY POTENTIAL. You can achieve amazing results when you align your (unconscious and conscious) commitments. Feel joyful and be excited about reaching your true potential.
Tip: Need some guidance with unconscious and conscious commitments? Click here to enjoy the gift of a Complimentary Session (one-hour).
2. I COUNT MY BLESSINGS. List each thing that you are grateful. Remember to include the smaller items, like warm socks or tart cranberries. Expressing your appreciation reminds you of how rich you truly are.
Tip: Consider each night when you lie down to sleep taking a few minutes to offer gratitude by expressing awareness towards what you appreciate; value those you share significant relationships along with skills, abilities, and luxuries you possess. Soon you'll begin to see how recognition of even running water or electricity is significant!
3. I LEARN FROM MISTAKES. You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the lessons that they contain. Flubbing one job interview can teach you how to ace the next one.
Tip: Focus on context (dynamics) rather than the content. Give attention to observing situations as if looking from a bird's eye view rather than desiring to be correct, explain your position, or take on shame. If you can be less attached and less emotional by observing rather than getting caught up in the situation, you will begin to extract greater insights into yourself and others.
4. I FIND MEANING IN ADVERSITY. Tough times can be the rewarding phases of your life. Know that you can emerge from any challenge with greater wisdom, strength, and courage. Look back at the obstacles you’ve already overcome, and reassure yourself that you can handle what’s ahead.
Tip: Similar to strength training at the gym, you only gain more emotional [strength] to handle feelings of fear and hardships when you walk through them instead of turning away from them. You don't get stronger looking at the barbell, only lifting it!
5. I EMBRACE CHANGE. The only thing people dislike more than change is... changing. However, when you accept that life is actually a consistent series of changes, it becomes easier to understand and accept. Focus on the present moment, and prepare yourself to adapt to whatever circumstances come your way.
Tip: All pain is resistance. Whether physical or emotional, when you resist you go against the flow. This demands more of your energy and creates pain. If you do this consistently, you're chronically in pain. This is suffering. People often misunderstand "the path of least resistance;" it is not about being passive, it is about acceptance of whatever life brings towards you.
6. I DREAM BIG. Expand your wish list. Setting demanding - but attainable goals - gives you adventures to look forward to each day.
Tip: We often think of goals as external accomplishments (completing tasks, acquiring skills, or traveling). I also encourage you to create intentions or goals that allow you to look inward and move beyond your own beliefs and experiences. These are the shifts that substantially elevate your life!
7. I PRACTICE FORGIVENESS. Lighten your load by clearing away any resentment you’re holding onto from the past. Set reasonable boundaries while you respond with compassion when others disappoint you. Pardon yourself too.
Tip: The truth is that when you forgive, you're really forgiving yourself. If you take a moment to reflect, you'll quickly discover in every situation where you hold resentment towards another, there is a feeling of anger towards yourself. Perhaps you didn't honor yourself in a moment and gave your power away. Look inside. Forgive yourself.
8. I GIVE GENEROUSLY. Sharing your blessings helps you be more powerful and feel joyful. Volunteer in your community, offer generative praise to a Loved one, buy coffee for your co-workers, or give your receptionist flowers.
Tip: It's the Law of Attraction. Be generous towards others to attract generative relationships towards yourself. That doesn't mean giving your money away, but giving in any way that supports and lifts another. Compliments and praise are incredible gifts! Assisting a family member, friend, or stranger is powerful!
Empowering Beliefs to Help Increase Awareness
1. I ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY OWN FEELINGS, THOUGHTS, AND ACTIONS. You are in charge of your life. Hold yourself accountable for the outcomes you create. Celebrate the fact that you have the power to determine your own future.
Tip: Commit to a "Blame Diet" for just one-week. Be diligent and observe when you are blaming, and instantly shift to your portion of responsibility. How? Don't focus or talk about others, but instead on your own sensations, feelings, and experiences.
Need some guidance with how to gently accept radical responsibility? Click here to enjoy the gift of a Complimentary Session (one-hour).
2. I APPRECAITE MYSELF. Figure out your definition of success so you know what is worth working towards. Give yourself acknowledgement and praise when you’re making progress rather than comparing yourself to others. This isn't vain, it's self-Love.
Tip: We tend to be hard on ourselves. Make a short list on paper or your phone when you consciously shift or make choices throughout your day that are praiseworthy. Then, read it at the end of the day and appreciate yourself!
3. I LEVERAGE MY STRENGTHS. You have your own individual strengths that you can draw upon. Discover what you’re good at and what you want to do! Let that intuition guide your choices.
Tip: It's easy to get lost in feelings of fear or listen to other people's voices, but moving beyond these obstacles, recognizing your strengths, and perusing your passions is a significant part of each person's journey.
4. I LISTEN TO FEEDBACK. Ask for feedback so you can enhance your relationships and show others that you respect their point of view. You grow faster when you gather solid input that you can translate into action.
Tip: When asking for feedback, it's best to do so with significant relationships that you share a high level of trust as these individuals know you well enough to offer accurate insight. It's also important not to defend, but rather just consider their experiences and see what resonates.
5. I ASK FOR HELP. Expand your capabilities by building a sturdy support network. Carpool with other parents. Divide up household chores with your spouse and children. Be honest with your co-workers that you cannot take on another project.
Tip: You are responsible for the overburdening of tasks and things to balance. You accepted and agreed. Whether you are passive or the motivation is to get others to value you, it is time to establish healthier boundaries for yourself. The good news is that your relationships will improve and become easier as a result.
Need some guidance with creating Loving and healthy boundaries in your relationships? Click here to enjoy the gift of a Complimentary Session (one-hour).
6. I CONNECT WITH OTHERS. Surround yourself with Loving and encouraging family and friends. Participate actively in your faith community. Join a club with members who share your interest.
Tip: It is essential to have a circle comprised of individuals that appreciate you and choose to support and elevate [you]. This personal tribe offers solace and comradery as you navigate through life.
7. I RECOGNIZE OPPORTUNITIES. Stay open and alert for the many opportunities life presents. You may meet a new friend while you’re standing in line to buy your morning coffee or step into unexpected possibilities just by sharing conversation. There are plentiful moments and gifts if you choose to seek and receive.
Tip: Most people are fixed on their desired outcome and often miss alternate paths to achieve their dreams. Be different and keep your eyes wide open. Remember, between the rock and the water; the water succeeds because it is persistent and flows.
8. I TRY NEW THINGS. Be open to experimentation. Go kayaking one weekend instead of a movie. Bake your own bread or take a pottery class. You may discover hidden talents.
Tip: You learn about others through discovery; talking and sharing time and experiences. You certainly will learn more about yourself in the same manner. Explore creative interests no matter how insignificant they may seem. All trees start as a seed.
An upbeat attitude increases your happiness and productivity. Question your old assumptions so you can replace them with a new sense of clarity about yourself and your future. Adopt empowering beliefs that build your confidence and prepare you for greater success. Start today. You’ll be glad you did!
You are cordially invited to the rest of your life! Take the next step towards Soul Expansion with the gift of a Complimentary Session or call 818.851.7880.
Learn how this innovative practice bypasses common bottlenecks faster than traditional therapy to celebrate your purpose with clarity, awareness, and personal strength!